Exercise therapy is used for rehabilitation after injury, prevention from further injury and for the management of pain.
In Type 1 diabetes the body’s immune system attacks and destroys the insulin producing cells in the pancreas so the body doesn’t make any insulin.
3 treatments available
Extensive research into exercise therapy supports the use of therapeutically prescribed exercise programmes for conditions such as:
- back pain
- heart disease.
Exercise therapy can be used effectively for:
- Maximising physical abilities
- Optimising muscular function and core stability
- Improving cardiovascular and physical fitness
- Improving balance
- Preventing injury/re-occurring injury range of movement
- Improving general health and well-being
- Boosting endorphins (happy hormones) for stress relief
- Improving confidence and body image
What happens in exercise therapy?
Therapeutic exercise programmes take place under the supervision of experienced physiotherapists.
Your sessions may include mat work and/or resisted activity with springs and weights.
The typical equipment we use are such items as:
- specialised static bicycles.
Why choose The London Clinic
Excellence in one place
We operate as teams of experts with world-class resources dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of medical care. You are surrounded by the latest treatments and advice with everything you need to get back to your best health.
Personal care, every time
Exceptional patient care is a way of life for us. Our nurses, clinicians and support teams are dedicated to the care of a very small number of patients, so have more time for you. They’ll be with you every step of the way, tailoring your care around you and giving the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing you’re in the best hands.
We work together as one to guide you through each step of your experience, with complexities unravelled and answers readily to hand. Your personal treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
What's included in your package?
Choosing The London Clinic means your treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
Your treatment package will include:
- Enhanced pre-admission assessment
- Your treatment with our complete care team at your fingertips
- Personalised aftercare and follow-up
We want you to be in control of your health. That’s why we also offer optional services such as comprehensive recovery packages and extra touches for you to choose from during your stay with us.
How to pay
- You can use private medical insurance (PMI) to access this treatment. We work with all major PMI providers in the UK and many internationally
- You can pay for yourself (self-pay)
- If you’re paying for yourself, we have finance options available with Chrysalis