AlterG anti-gravity treadmill
The AlterG anti-gravity treadmill gives you the opportunity to walk or run, with as little as 20% of your bodyweight.
The AlterG anti-gravity treadmill was developed with NASA technology, initially for rehabilitation following an injury to the lower limbs.
This has since been developed to help a wide variety of people.
- Weight adjustment: 100% to 20% weight-bearing in 1% increments
- Incline adjustment: 0 - 15%
- Speed adjustment 0 - 15mph
In order to use the AlterG, you will need to be instructed on its set up, use and safety procedures by one of our expert clinicians.
If you would like to use the AlterG as part of your rehabilitation for a specific complaint, then we will require a referral from your treating clinician enclosing further details about your injury history and requirements, or require an initial assessment with one of our clinicians to be sure of your suitability for use.
The AlterG can be used to assist:
- Physiotherapy following an injury or surgery on a lower extremity
- Sport specific conditioning and fitness improvement programmes
- Inflammatory and overuse complaints
- Painful complaints that are limiting mobility
- Gait training and strengthening for neurological patients
- Strengthening and conditioning in a fall-safe environment for older patients
- Provide a way to lose weight and exercise more intensively while unweighted
If you are uninjured, and you are interested in using the AlterG treadmill for sports specific conditioning to help manage load and training volume, then we will require you to state that you are currently uninjured and this is the main purpose for using AlterG on our consent form.
Why choose The London Clinic
Excellence in one place
We operate as teams of experts with world-class resources dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of medical care. You are surrounded by the latest treatments and advice with everything you need to get back to your best health.
Personal care, every time
Exceptional patient care is a way of life for us. Our nurses, clinicians and support teams are dedicated to the care of a very small number of patients, so have more time for you. They’ll be with you every step of the way, tailoring your care around you and giving the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing you’re in the best hands.
We work together as one to guide you through each step of your experience, with complexities unravelled and answers readily to hand. Your personal treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
What's included in your package?
Choosing The London Clinic means your treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
Your treatment package will include:
- Enhanced pre-admission assessment
- Your treatment with our complete care team at your fingertips
- Personalised aftercare and follow-up
We want you to be in control of your health. That’s why we also offer optional services such as comprehensive recovery packages and extra touches for you to choose from during your stay with us.
How to pay
- You can use private medical insurance (PMI) to access this treatment. We work with all major PMI providers in the UK and many internationally
- You can pay for yourself (self-pay)
- If you’re paying for yourself, we have finance options available with Chrysalis
Exercise therapy is used for rehabilitation after injury, prevention from further injury and for the management of pain.
4 consultants available