Platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP)
The procedure involves taking the patient’s blood and concentrating the levels of platelets and growth factors to promote healing in injured tissue.
PRP involves taking a sample of the patient’s own blood and spinning it in a centrifuge.
This concentrates the platelets and growth factors before injecting them into the injured body part to promote the body’s own healing response.
- Tendinopathy/tendinitis/tendinosis (including jumper’s knee, Achilles heel, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow among others)
- Osteoarthritis (wear and repair)
- Muscle injuries
- Ligament injuries
- Cartilage (chondral) injuries involving the lining of the bones
- Plantar fasciitis
How long does PRP take to work?
Pain relief after receiving PRP therapy usually occurs in four to six weeks. In advanced or complex cases, this may take up to four to six months.
Why choose The London Clinic
Excellence in one place
We operate as teams of experts with world-class resources dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of medical care. You are surrounded by the latest treatments and advice with everything you need to get back to your best health.
Personal care, every time
Exceptional patient care is a way of life for us. Our nurses, clinicians and support teams are dedicated to the care of a very small number of patients, so have more time for you. They’ll be with you every step of the way, tailoring your care around you and giving the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing you’re in the best hands.
We work together as one to guide you through each step of your experience, with complexities unravelled and answers readily to hand. Your personal treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
What's included in your package?
Choosing The London Clinic means your treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
Your treatment package will include:
- Enhanced pre-admission assessment
- Your treatment with our complete care team at your fingertips
- Personalised aftercare and follow-up
We want you to be in control of your health. That’s why we also offer optional services such as comprehensive recovery packages and extra touches for you to choose from during your stay with us.
How to pay
- You can use private medical insurance (PMI) to access this treatment. We work with all major PMI providers in the UK and many internationally
- You can pay for yourself (self-pay)
- If you’re paying for yourself, we have finance options available with Chrysalis