Prof Jian Farhadi
Professor Jian Farhadi is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon, specialist in reconstructive and aesthetic breast surgery as well as surgery after weight loss. Professor Farhadi has an exclusive clinical focus on reconstructive breast surgery, aesthetic and corrective breast surgery. As a microsurgeon, he performs more than 170 microsurgical procedures per year.
Mastectomy (preventive) and breast reconstruction
The London Clinic provides a full breast care service for women who are worried about their breast health or who have developed breast cancer.
Breast reconstruction surgery
Most women are offered a breast reconstruction at the time of their mastectomy.
Lymphoedema is a chronic condition in which the lymphatic system doesn’t work effectively.
Breast uplift (mastopexy)
Our specialist surgeons draw on years of experience to offer breast uplift procedures.
Mastectomy and lymph node removal
Mastectomy is a procedure to remove a breast and can be the most appropriate treatment for some women with breast cancer.
Lymphoedema describes an abnormal build-up of fluid that occurs when parts of the lymphatic system are missing or damaged.
2 treatments available
Professor Jian Farhadi is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon, specialist in reconstructive and aesthetic breast surgery as well as surgery after weight loss. He was the past Director of the Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at St Thomas’ Hospital in London. Professor Farhadi has an exclusive clinical focus on reconstructive breast surgery, aesthetic and corrective breast surgery. He has innovated a number of procedures over the years, e.g. the internal bra breast lift.
Professor Farhadi gained his medical degree at the University of Basel, Switzerland, and the University Pitié-Salpetriè in Paris, France. His general and plastic surgical residencies was completed in Switzerland and Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut.
5 Devonshire Place
London W1G 6HL
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Guy's & St Thomas' Hospital and Kings College Hospital
- Year qualified 2005
- University of Basel, Switzerland (equivalent to Reader) 2006
- Body contouring after weight loss
Revision cosmetic breast surgery
- 2007 - Dirk Schaefer Research Prize: Precultivation of Engineered Human Nasal
Cartilage enhances the mechanical properties relevant for use in facial reconstructive surgery
- 2005 - Medidaprix Finalist: Blended Learning as a tool in teaching basic surgical skills to undergraduate students
- 2003 - Research Prize of Swiss Society in Plastic,
Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery: “Cell Yield, proliferation, post-expansion differentiation capacity and growth factor responsiveness of human ear, nasal and rib chondrocytes”
- 2003 - Prize of Swiss Society for Clinical Nutrition: “Preoperative immunonutrition suppresses endotoxinemia during major abdominal surgery: a randomized controlled trial”
- 2001 - Grand Global Award for craftsmanship: (as Co-Author) A History of Gastroenterology at the Millennium