Rafaelo for haemorrhoids
Rafaelo is a revolutionary treatment for haemorrhoids that uses high-frequency radio waves. It can stop you experiencing pain and other symptoms in just 15 minutes.
The Rafaelo procedure is a new and effective treatment for internal haemorrhoids (also known as piles).
It significantly reduces and gets rid of symptoms such as bleeding, discharge, irritation and pain.
The London Clinic is one of a handful of private hospitals in London to offer this revolutionary technique.
Rafaelo uses radiofrequency ablation to precisely treat haemorrhoids without damaging surrounding healthy tissue.
This allows you to return home on the same day of your treatment.
You should also experience little or no pain after your procedure and be able to quickly return to your normal daily activities.
Why choose The London Clinic
Excellence in one place
We operate as teams of experts with world-class resources dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of medical care. You are surrounded by the latest treatments and advice with everything you need to get back to your best health.
Personal care, every time
Exceptional patient care is a way of life for us. Our nurses, clinicians and support teams are dedicated to the care of a very small number of patients, so have more time for you. They’ll be with you every step of the way, tailoring your care around you and giving the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing you’re in the best hands.
We work together as one to guide you through each step of your experience, with complexities unravelled and answers readily to hand. Your personal treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
What's included in your package?
Choosing The London Clinic means your treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
Your treatment package will include:
- Enhanced pre-admission assessment
- Your treatment with our complete care team at your fingertips
- Personalised aftercare and follow-up
We want you to be in control of your health. That’s why we also offer optional services such as comprehensive recovery packages and extra touches for you to choose from during your stay with us.
How to pay
- You can use private medical insurance (PMI) to access this treatment. We work with all major PMI providers in the UK and many internationally
- You can pay for yourself (self-pay)
- If you’re paying for yourself, we have finance options available with Chrysalis
If you’ve got internal haemorrhoids (graded 1, 2 or 3), your consultant is likely to recommend Rafaelo.
Rafaelo can be used to reduce the size of some grade 4 haemorrhoids and improve symptoms, such as pain, that you may be experiencing.
If Rafaelo cannot remove a grade 4 haemorrhoid completely, surgery can help.
Rafaelo is usually done under local anaesthetic, or sedation to help you relax.
It involves your consultant inserting a small device into your bottom (back passage) called a proctoscope.
This allows your surgeon to examine your haemorrhoids.
Your surgeon then passes a special needle probe (the Rafaelo probe) through the proctoscope into the cushion of a haemorrhoid.
Radiofrequency energy is then passed through the Rafaelo probe to treat the haemorrhoid.
The aim is to limit the blood supply to the haemorrhoid to cause it to shrink and fall away, relieving you of your symptoms.
The whole Rafaelo procedure takes an average of 15 minutes.
The benefits of Rafaelo include:
- Quick relief of symptoms
- Mild bleeding or no bleeding
- Only a local anaesthetic is used for the procedure
- Fast return to daily activity
- The procedure lasts around 15 minutes
- You don’t need to stay overnight in hospital
- Far less invasive than conventional surgery (haemorrhoidectomy)
- Banding (rubber band ligation)
- Injections (sclerotherapy)
- Conventional haemorrhoidectomy
- Stapled haemorrhoidopexy (stapling)
- Haemorrhoidal artery ligation
- Infrared coagulation