Our experienced team of interventional radiologists and specialist radiology nurses are able to undertake a comprehensive range of procedures under sedation, local or general anaesthetic.
The department has full facilities for digital subtraction angiography and a 2-bedded recovery unit.
We routinely undertake a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including:
- Arteriography and angioplasty
- Blood vessel embolisation and stenting
- Liver procedures including stenting and chemotherapy embolisation
- Orthopaedic procedures including facet joint injections and dorsal root ganglion blocks
- Renal procedures including having an internal catheter or stent implanted
- Radiofrequency ablation: destruction of a tumour or other abnormal tissue using a tiny metal probe that is inserted into the tissue and then heated. This is done under CT or ultrasound guidance
- Fiducial marker implants under CT or ultrasound guidance. Fiducial markers are tiny pieces of gold or stainless steel that are placed as a marker to show the position of a tumour in soft tissue or bone. These act as a guide for radiotherapists to be able to target that specific area with much greater accuracy in treatment
Why choose The London Clinic
Excellence in one place
We operate as teams of experts with world-class resources dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of medical care. You are surrounded by the latest treatments and advice with everything you need to get back to your best health.
Personal care, every time
Exceptional patient care is a way of life for us. Our nurses, clinicians and support teams are dedicated to the care of a very small number of patients, so have more time for you. They’ll be with you every step of the way, tailoring your care around you and giving the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing you’re in the best hands.
We work together as one to guide you through each step of your experience, with complexities unravelled and answers readily to hand. Your personal treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
What's included in your package?
Choosing The London Clinic means your treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
Your treatment package will include:
- Enhanced pre-admission assessment
- Your treatment with our complete care team at your fingertips
- Personalised aftercare and follow-up
We want you to be in control of your health. That’s why we also offer optional services such as comprehensive recovery packages and extra touches for you to choose from during your stay with us.
How to pay
- You can use private medical insurance (PMI) to access this treatment. We work with all major PMI providers in the UK and many internationally
- You can pay for yourself (self-pay)
- If you’re paying for yourself, we have finance options available with Chrysalis