Make a Self-Pay enquiry
Our physiotherapists can provide a wide range of assessment and treatment techniques to:
- improve function
- aid recovery
- improve general health and well-being.
The AlterG Anti-Gravity treadmill gives you the opportunity to walk or run, with as little as 20% of your bodyweight.
It was developed with NASA technology, initially for rehabilitation following an injury to the lower limbs.
This has since been developed to help a wide variety of people.
- Weight adjustment: 100% to 20% weight-bearing in 1% increments
- Incline adjustment: 0 - 15%
- Speed adjustment 0 - 15mph
In order to use the AlterG, you will need to be instructed on its set up, use and safety procedures by one of our expert clinicians.
If you would like to use the AlterG as part of your rehabilitation for a specific complaint, then we will require a referral from your treating clinician enclosing further details about your injury history and requirements, or require an initial assessment with one of our clinicians to be sure of your suitability for use.
If you are uninjured, and you are interested in using the AlterG treadmill for sports specific conditioning to help manage load and training volume, then we will require you to state that you are currently uninjured and this is the main purpose for using AlterG on our consent form.
The AlterG can be used to assist:
- Physiotherapy following an injury or surgery on a lower extremity
- Sport specific conditioning and fitness improvement programmes
- Inflammatory and overuse complaints
- Painful complaints that are limiting mobility
- Gait training and strengthening for neurological patients
- Strengthening and conditioning in a fall-safe environment for older patients
- Provide a way to lose weight and exercise more intensively while unweighted
Our prices and membership package
If you wish to use the AlterG treadmill as part of a rehabilitation programme to supplement your current care:
You will require an initial consultation with one of our physiotherapists prior to using the machine. £130 for 1 hour’s consultation.
Following this you can then either buy individual sessions: £30 for 30 minutes or a membership package of 5 sessions for £135, or 10 sessions for £250.
If you are currently uninjured and will use the AlterG treadmill to help with training and load management:
You will require a 30 minute consultation with our strength and conditioning coach prior to using the machine. £55 for a 30 minute consultation.
Following this you can either buy individual sessions: £30 for 30 minutes or a membership package of 10 sessions for £250.
General enquiries: 020 7935 4444 Appointments: 020 7616 7693 Self-Pay: 020 3219 3315
Your call may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.