Long covid treatment
At The London Clinic, you’ll get fast access to the latest evidence-led treatments for long covid syndrome, so you can get back to living the life you love.
Experiencing chest pain could be a sign of a heart attack - although in most cases, the pain is not because of a heart-related issue
1 treatment available
At The London Clinic we provide a private chronic headache treatment service. Book a consultation with one of our leading specialists.
1 treatment available
At The London Clinic, we offer advanced treatment and support for adults and children with long covid.
Our expert team of specialists can diagnose and treat a wide range of long covid symptoms including:
- Chronic cough
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
- Lung inflammation
- Lung fibrosis
- Chest tightness and palpitations
- Acute heart inflammation (myocarditis)
- Heart failure
- Loss of smell (anosmia)
- Change in taste (dysgeusia)
- Depression and anxiety
- Cognitive difficulties or ‘brain fog’
- Muscles weakness
- Joint stiffness (arthralgia)
- Sleeplessness (insomnia)
- Gastrointestinal disturbance
- Multisystem inflammatory syndrome
- Liver and kidney dysfunction
- Clotting disorders and thrombosis
- Skin rashes
If you need a test to confirm you’ve had Covid-19, we provide the latest antibody tests used by NHS King’s College.
By choosing The London Clinic you’ll get a more complete, compassionate kind of care from pre-admission, right through to aftercare and follow up.
Contact us today to start your treatment journey and get back to living the life you love.
Why choose The London Clinic
Excellence in one place
We operate as teams of experts with world-class resources dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of medical care. You are surrounded by the latest treatments and advice with everything you need to get back to your best health.
Personal care, every time
Exceptional patient care is a way of life for us. Our nurses, clinicians and support teams are dedicated to the care of a very small number of patients, so have more time for you. They’ll be with you every step of the way, tailoring your care around you and giving the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing you’re in the best hands.
We work together as one to guide you through each step of your experience, with complexities unravelled and answers readily to hand. Your personal treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
What's included in your package?
Choosing The London Clinic means your treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
Your treatment package will include:
- Enhanced pre-admission assessment
- Your treatment with our complete care team at your fingertips
- Personalised aftercare and follow-up
We want you to be in control of your health. That’s why we also offer optional services such as comprehensive recovery packages and extra touches for you to choose from during your stay with us.
How to pay
- You can use private medical insurance (PMI) to access this treatment. We work with all major PMI providers in the UK and many internationally
- You can pay for yourself (self-pay)
- If you’re paying for yourself, we have finance options available with Chrysalis
Book an appointment
Our dedicated appointments team will arrange for you to meet with one of our long covid care specialists.
Diagnosis and treatment plan
Your specialist will ask you about your symptoms and medical history so they can make an informed assessment of your health.
If you’ve already had a diagnosis of long covid from your GP, or if you’ve been referred by your GP to us, we will work with them, tailoring your treatment to give you the best care possible.
Your specialist may recommend a series of diagnostic tests and investigations, which we can do in-house, so there’s no delay.
Tailored treatment for long covid
Symptoms of long covid vary from person to person. At The London Clinic we take a holistic approach, tailoring the treatments to suit you and your specific needs.
Recovery from long covid depends on your age, fitness and your symptoms.
Some people who’ve had the illness can experience symptoms of fatigue and headache, or have trouble breathing for 12 weeks or more.
If you were hospitalised with covid, you may find you have muscle weakness, fatigue, shortness of breath and brain fog, even 6 months after infection.
Pre-existing conditions like asthma, high blood pressure, or a compromised immune system, can delay your recovery from long covid.
At The London Clinic we combine all of our clinical expertise, to offer you the most holistic approach to support you on your journey back to health.
Many of our patients report feeling much better soon after starting their treatment with us.
Our world-leading experts are here to help and support you mentally, physically and emotionally on your road to recovery.
Your tailored treatment for your long covid care may include:
- Rapid diagnostic testing to identify complications such as organ damage
- Symptom management for pain relief and physical discomfort
- Physiotherapy for improved lung function and increased strength
- Speech and language therapy to help you with communication and swallowing
- Occupational therapy to help you complete tasks and support your independence
- Counselling with our expert therapists to give your support and increased confidence
- Rehabilitation at our Sleep Clinic for improved well being
- Complementary therapies such as massage and reiki for stress management
- Dietetics and nutrition advice to suit you and your lifestyle
- Private GP appointments for specific advice and after care