Dr Ricardo Jose
Dr Ricardo José is a specialist in respiratory medicine working as a Consultant at the Royal Brompton Hospital. Dr José sees patients with all respiratory symptoms including shortness of breath, cough, chest pain and wheeze. He has particular expertise in the management of chest infections, bronchiectasis, airway disease and pulmonary complications of cancer therapy.
For mild to moderate asthma, inhalers provide an effective, safe and easy to use treatment that delivers drugs directly to the airways.
1 consultant available
Spirometry is a way of measuring how well your lungs are functioning. It can be used to diagnose lung disorders.
Dr Ricardo José is a specialist in respiratory medicine working as a Consultant at the Royal Brompton Hospital, one of the largest Heart and Lung Centres in Europe. He has a special interest in the diagnosis and management of chest infections, bronchiectasis and pulmonary complications associated with cancer therapy.
Dr José holds a Diploma in Anaesthetics from the Colleges of Medicine of South Africa, Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health from the University of Manchester, and PhD in Respiratory Infection, Inflammation and Immunity from University College London (UCL).He undertook an observership at the MD Anderson Cancer Centre in Houston, USA, in 2015 and 2019.
- Consultant in Respiratory Medicine
Royal Brompton Hospital
- Year qualified, 2004
- University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Associate Professor in Respiratory Medicine
University College London
- European Respiratory Society Lung Science conference best oral presentation award
- Royal Society of Medicine Young Respiratory Investigator Prize: First prize
- European Respiratory Society Lung Science conference distinguished poster award
- European Respiratory Society Lung Science conference travel bursary for an outstanding abstract
- British Lung Foundation/GSK travel award
- British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology travel fellowship
- Bronchiectasis treatment
- Breathing pattern disorder
- COPD treatment
- Cough treatment
- Unexplained breathlessness assessment
- Assessment of immunodeficiency
- Chest infection treatment