Upper limb specialist therapy
Our hand therapists are qualified physiotherapists or occupational therapists specialising in the upper limb.
Dupuytren’s contracture is a condition that causes one or more fingers to become ‘hooked’.
Peripheral nerve damage
Peripheral nerves make up the wiring that connects the brain to the distant parts of the body. These nerves are necessary for us to walk, talk, and breathe
2 treatments available
Any disease, deformity or injury that affects the hand can be cared for, treated and returned to an optimal level of recovery through expert handling and guidance through a number of different skills.
The qualified physiotherapist/occupational therapist can accurately assess, identify and treat problems affecting anywhere in the upper limbs from the shoulder through the upper arm and elbow, down to the forearm, wrist, hand and fingers.
You’ll get personalised advice on how to deal with any challenges you might face, and what you can do to maximise your recovery or function.
This might include detailed advice on adaptations you can make to your normal activities or useful pieces of equipment to help you with day to day tasks.
Our hand therapists work closely alongside our expert surgeons, helping to plan and deliver post-operative care in order to enhance patient recovery, even from as soon as the day after your surgery.
What conditions are treated by upper limb specialist therapy?
- Finger deformities – Boutonniere, Swan neck, mallet finger
- Trigger finger
- Volar plate injury
- Finger, thumb & forearm ligament injuries
- Finger, thumb & forearm joint replacements
- Finger, thumb & forearm fractures/dislocations/fixations
- Carpal, metacarpal and phalanx bone injuries
- TFCC (triangular fibro-cartilage complex) tears
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Dequervain’s tenosynovitis
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Tendon injuries/tendinopathies
- Skin grafts & scar hypersensitivity
- ‘RA’ hands (Rheumatoid arthritis) and ‘OA’ hands (osteoarthritis)
- Hand/wrist pain or trauma
- Work-related upper limb disorders
- Peripheral nerve injuries
Why choose The London Clinic
Excellence in one place
We operate as teams of experts with world-class resources dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of medical care. You are surrounded by the latest treatments and advice with everything you need to get back to your best health.
Personal care, every time
Exceptional patient care is a way of life for us. Our nurses, clinicians and support teams are dedicated to the care of a very small number of patients, so have more time for you. They’ll be with you every step of the way, tailoring your care around you and giving the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing you’re in the best hands.
We work together as one to guide you through each step of your experience, with complexities unravelled and answers readily to hand. Your personal treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
What's included in your package?
Choosing The London Clinic means your treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
Your treatment package will include:
- Enhanced pre-admission assessment
- Your treatment with our complete care team at your fingertips
- Personalised aftercare and follow-up
We want you to be in control of your health. That’s why we also offer optional services such as comprehensive recovery packages and extra touches for you to choose from during your stay with us.
How to pay
- You can use private medical insurance (PMI) to access this treatment. We work with all major PMI providers in the UK and many internationally
- You can pay for yourself (self-pay)
- If you’re paying for yourself, we have finance options available with Chrysalis
Various forms of treatment can be carried out in people with Dupuytren’s contracture of increasing severity
Carpal tunnel surgery
Advanced surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Our fixed price packages offer a seamless service from consultation through to post-surgery.
Trigger finger release
The London Clinic provides trigger finger release surgery by world-renowned orthopaedic surgeons and a comfortable, stress-free environment to recover.