Acupuncture is a treatment where fine needles are inserted into certain sites on the body for therapeutic purposes.
Acupuncture is used to help treat various health conditions including:
- Pain management: acute and chronic
- Spinal: headaches, Cervical Spine, Lumbar and Thoracic, Sports Injuries, MSK
- Facial: tempora-mandibular joint (TMJ) pain , Bell’s Palsy
- Upper limbs: shoulder conditions e.g. frozen shoulder, tennis elbow
- Lower limb: knees, foot, ankle and hips e.g. osteoarthritic knees, ITB syndrome etc.
- Neurology: MS, stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, peripheral neuropathy etc.
- Respiratory: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), intensive care- acupuncture as adjunct to analgesia, insomnia, prevention of malnutrition and sedation
- Women’s Health: fertility, PMS, pregnancy back pain (if done by a trained acupuncturist)
- Mental health: depression, anxiety, PTSD, schizophrenia
- Well-being: Insomnia, Obesity, IBS
- Cancer care: chemotherapy-related side effects e.g. pain, nausea, fatigue; xerostomia and hot flushes
Acupuncture forms part of the NICE guidelines for treating migraines and tension type headaches.
Sessions may be used in combination with other more traditional physiotherapy techniques to create a holistic programme tailored to each patient’s needs and requirements.
Senior MSK and Oncology Physiotherapist and Acupuncture specialist
BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy, MSc TCM Acupuncture, Yoga and Pilates Teacher
Why choose The London Clinic
Excellence in one place
We operate as teams of experts with world-class resources dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of medical care. You are surrounded by the latest treatments and advice with everything you need to get back to your best health.
Personal care, every time
Exceptional patient care is a way of life for us. Our nurses, clinicians and support teams are dedicated to the care of a very small number of patients, so have more time for you. They’ll be with you every step of the way, tailoring your care around you and giving the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing you’re in the best hands.
We work together as one to guide you through each step of your experience, with complexities unravelled and answers readily to hand. Your personal treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
What's included in your package?
Choosing The London Clinic means your treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
Your treatment package will include:
- Enhanced pre-admission assessment
- Your treatment with our complete care team at your fingertips
- Personalised aftercare and follow-up
We want you to be in control of your health. That’s why we also offer optional services such as comprehensive recovery packages and extra touches for you to choose from during your stay with us.
How to pay
- You can use private medical insurance (PMI) to access this treatment. We work with all major PMI providers in the UK and many internationally
- You can pay for yourself (self-pay)
- If you’re paying for yourself, we have finance options available with Chrysalis