Prof Huw Thomas
Professor Thomas is a Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist with a particular interest in indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease and colonoscopy.
Our first-class gastroscopy service diagnoses conditions affecting the oesophagus, stomach and duodenum.
Our first-class colonoscopy service screens for bowel cancer and investigates other problems affecting the colon. Available Saturdays as well as weekdays.
Huw Thomas is a Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist at St Mary’s Hospital, London (Imperial College Health Care NHS Trust). He has an interest indigestion, irritable bowel, inflammatory bowel disease and familial risk of colorectal cancer. He is Professor of Gastro-Intestinal Genetics at Imperial College London and runs the Family Cancer Clinic at St Mark’s Hospital He has been Head of the Medical Household Physician to Her Majesty the Queen since 2014.
- Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist
St Mary's Hospital (Imperial College Healthcare)
- Professor of Gastrointestinal Genetics
Imperial College London
- Honorary Consultant Physician
St Mark's Hospital
- Trinity College, Cambridge
- London Hospital Medical College
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Dyspepsia and irritable bowel syndrome
- Familial risk of colorectal cancer