Mr Rohit Jain
Mr Rohit Jain is a fellowship-trained specialist in primary and revision hip and knee replacement surgery. He also has an interest in young adult hip pathology, trauma and enhanced recovery surgery. He has accomplished his subspecialist hip & knee arthroplasty training at the Orthopaedic and Arthritic Institute at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto, Canada.
Keyhole surgery for diagnosis and treatment of knee problems at The London Clinic.
11 consultants available
Knee replacement surgery
Our competitive all inclusive packages offer a seamless service from consultation through to post-surgery and aftercare.
13 consultants available
Mr Rohit Jain is the Clinical Director & Consultant Orthopaedic Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon at Medway Maritime Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, an Associate Teaching Hospital of The University of London. He is a fellowship-trained specialist in primary and revision hip & knee replacement surgery. He also has an interest in young adult hip pathology, trauma and enhanced recovery surgery and rehabilitation.
Mr Jain attained a National Training Number through an extremely competitive selection process. He has completed his specialist training on the prestigious North Western Deanery Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery Training Program.
He has accomplished his sub-specialist hip & knee arthroplasty training at the Orthopaedic and Arthritic Institute at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto, Canada, one of North America's leading hospitals for musculoskeletal care, education and research. During his time there he was awarded a Fellowship Diploma from the University of Toronto. This has been further complemented by Sir John Charnley Arthroplasty fellowship at the world-renowned Wrightington Hospital - a centre of Orthopaedic excellence in UK. His sub-specialist experience further includes National BOA Transitional Lower Limb Arthroplasty Fellowship and the Academic Exchange Program at world renowned EndoKlinik in Germany.
Mr Jain is actively involved in teaching and training medical students and is the clinical and educational supervisor for junior doctors. He is an Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor. Mr Jain is a trainer on FRCS Exam Revision courses and is on the panel of reviewers for the prestigious Bone and Joint Journal.
The guiding principle of Mr Jain's clinical & surgical practice is: 'Do listen to your patients and always have them at the centre of your thinking, that's what makes the big difference.'
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Hip Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, Canada
- British Indian Orthopaedic Society (BIOS)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons
- Clinical Director, Dept of Trauma & Orthopaedics
Medway Maritime Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Consultant Trauma & Lower Limb Orthopaedic Surgeon
Medway Maritime Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Complex Primary Hip Replacement Surgery, Hip Revision Surgery
- Primary Knee Replacement Surgery, Conformis Total Knee Replacement Surgery, Robotic Hip & Knee Joint Replacement surgery
- Knee Arthroscopy Surgery, Hip & Knee Injection Treatment
- Complex Primary Hip Replacement Surgery
- Hip Revision Surgery
- Primary Knee Replacement Surgery
- Conformis Total Knee Replacement Surgery
- Robotic Hip & Knee Joint Replacement surgery
- Knee Arthroscopy Surgery
- Hip & Knee Injection Treatment
- Year qualified 1997
- CCT, JCST 20 Aug 2013
- FRCSEd (Tr & Orth), Intercollegiate Speciality Boards, Edinburgh 29 June 2012
- PG Diploma in Orthopaedic Engineering, Cardiff University, Cardiff 16 June 2010
- MRCSEd, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 25 Feb 2005
- CCBST, The Surgical Royal Colleges of Great Britain & Ireland 05 Jan 2006
- MS (Trauma & Orthopaedics), King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, India 13 Dec 2001
- MBBS, GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, India 22 Dec 1997
Mr Jain has received training on the use of Robotic Total Knee Replacement Surgery.
Mr Jain has been awarded Clinical Excellence Award by the NHS Trust in 2019 for his genuine efforts in improving patient care and supporting teaching and training of young surgeons. He has also been awarded the Certificate of Excellence award in 2019 by the ‘I Want Great Care’ organisation for being recognised consistently by his patients for the outstanding care.
Mr Jain has received these fellowships:
- Lower Limb Arthroplasty Fellowship at Holland Orthopaedic & Arthritic Centre (Sunnybrook), Toronto, Canada
- BOA Transitional Lower Limb Arthroplasty Fellowship
- Sir John Charnley Lower Limb Arthroplasty Fellowship at Wrightington Hospital.
Mr Jain is a keen sports person and has won prizes at University level in arm wrestling and weightlifting. He enjoy playing cricket and football. His prime sources of energy are swimming, crossfit training, yoga and transcendental meditation.
He has travelled widely in Canada, India and Europe and some day would love to go on an African Safari to explore the wildlife. His favourite place is the Niagara Falls. He shares a keen interest in arts and has won prizes in dramatics at both school and college levels. His favourite pastime is going on a family bike ride with his wife and two young children.