Dr David Simcock
Dr Simcock is a consultant physician and honorary senior lecturer in respiratory and general internal medicine at St Bartholomew’s hospital, London.
Dr Simcock is a consultant physician and honorary senior lecturer in respiratory and general internal medicine at St Bartholomew’s hospital, London. He is clinical lead for respiratory endoscopy (including endobronchial ultrasound/EBUS for the diagnosis and staging of lung cancer, inflammatory and infective conditions of the chest) and for the sleep & ventilatory failure nationally commissioned service.
He sees >200 out patients each month and is actively involved in the recruitment and training of junior doctors. Dr Simcock is a Royal College of Physicians examiner and is an invited reviewer for journals and text books on respiratory medicine. Dr Simcock has received numerous national and international awards (including The British Thoracic Society ‘Young Scientist of the Year’ award in 2007) for his research at Kings College, London. He has been a member of a specialist advisory group within the British Thoracic society to help establish national standards of care and guidelines.
- Consultant Physician in Respiratory & General Internal Medicine
Barts & The London NHS Trust
- Senior Lecturer in Respiratory and General Internal Medicine
- St Bartholomew's hospital
- Year qualified 1997
- United Medical Schools of Guy's & St. Thomas' Hospitals, London 1997
- MRCP: Royal College of Physicians of London 2000
- PhD: biomedical sciences, King's College London School of Medicine 2010
- FRCP: Royal College of Physicians 2014
- Sleep disorders
- Inflammatory lung diseases
- Bronchoscopy & EBUS-TBNA
- All respiratory diseases