Many men and women are affected by urinary problems at some point in their life, and especially as they get older. At London Urologica, we rapidly diagnose and offer first-class treatment options for a wide range of urinary problems.
What are urinary problems?
London Urologica’s world-renowned consultants are experts at investigating urinary symptoms to diagnose the cause of problems and identify the best treatment options.
Common urinary problems include:
• Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS), which includes a range of symptoms such as frequently needing to urinate and trouble emptying the bladder
• Urinary incontinence - when you urinate unintentionally
• Recurrent urinary tract infection (UTI) - when two or more UTIs occur in six months or three or more UTIs occur in one year
• Blood in your urine - most causes of blood found in a person’s urine are not serious, but you should seek urgent medical attention so tests can be carried out to find the cause
• Kidney stones
At London Urologica, you will also experience exceptional personalised care from your first consultation, during treatment and throughout your recovery.
An expert multidisciplinary team will also support you throughout the day of your procedure and during your recovery.
What are the tests and scans urinary problems?
If you are having urinary problems, your consultant at London Urologica will carry out a physical examination and discuss your symptoms and your health history.
At London Urologica, we provide first-class diagnostic tests to understand the exact causes of your symptoms. Tests include:
• Urine tests
• Blood test for glucose to rule out diabetes
• You keeping a urinary frequency and volume diary
• PSA test (men only)
• International Prostate Symptom Score questionnaire (men only)
• Ultrasound scans
• Urodynamic tests to explore how the bladder and urethra are working
• Cystoscopy – a flexible camera examines the bladder and urethra
How are urinary problems treated?
The treatment for your urinary problems will depend on the underlying cause of your symptoms and how much your symptoms are affecting your quality of life.
Many symptoms can be improved with:
• Lifestyle changes
• Minimally invasive non-surgical procedures, such as UroLift or Rezūm therapy to treat an enlarged prostate
• Shockwave therapy to break up bladder or kidney stones
• Surgery, such as TURP for an enlarged prostate or percutaneous nephrolithotomy for kidney stone removal
TURP for enlarged prostate
Our world-class urology consultants are experts at using the minimally invasive TURP surgical procedure to treat enlarged prostates. Learn more about TURP.