Contour thread lift
The contour thread lift is a minimally invasive procedure that can lift the tissues of the brow, face and neck. Plastic and reconstructive surgeons here at The London Clinic offer this as one of the facial surgery procedures that can benefit younger patients.
A contour thread lift is done under a local anaesthetic and you will be given a sedative to help you feel more relaxed.
The plastic and reconstructive surgeon performing your contour thread lift will use one of two types of contour threads:
- Free-floating barbed threads: these specially designed barbed surgical threads are inserted into the skin through a hollow needle that is inserted through a few tiny incisions around your face. The needle is used to position the thread and is then removed. The microscopic barbs on the threads then attach to the underside of the skin and secure it in place.
- Suspension/smooth threads: these threads are inserted into the skin in the same way but they are not barbed, so to produce the lifting effect these threads must be attached to a fixed or stable point within your face using fine sutures.
How long will it take to recover from treatment?
Recovery time after a contour thread lift is short; most people are able to return to normal activities and go back to work within about a week.
Bruising and slight swelling usually subsides within a couple of days.
The effects of a contour thread lift generally last around 5 years.
Why choose The London Clinic
Excellence in one place
We operate as teams of experts with world-class resources dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of medical care. You are surrounded by the latest treatments and advice with everything you need to get back to your best health.
Personal care, every time
Exceptional patient care is a way of life for us. Our nurses, clinicians and support teams are dedicated to the care of a very small number of patients, so have more time for you. They’ll be with you every step of the way, tailoring your care around you and giving the peace-of-mind that comes with knowing you’re in the best hands.
We work together as one to guide you through each step of your experience, with complexities unravelled and answers readily to hand. Your personal treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
What's included in your package?
Choosing The London Clinic means your treatment plan will be laid out for you, with all the details taken care of so you can focus on you.
Your treatment package will include:
- Enhanced pre-admission assessment
- Your treatment with our complete care team at your fingertips
- Personalised aftercare and follow-up
We want you to be in control of your health. That’s why we also offer optional services such as comprehensive recovery packages and extra touches for you to choose from during your stay with us.
How to pay
- You can use private medical insurance (PMI) to access this treatment. We work with all major PMI providers in the UK and many internationally
- You can pay for yourself (self-pay)
- If you’re paying for yourself, we have finance options available with Chrysalis