Dr Shahid Jawed
Treatment of osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, lupus and other autoimmune disorders, sports injuries. Pain management. Long COVID symptoms. Sports injuries. Having been an international sportsman gives him an added understanding of this area. Competent in MSK ultrasound, spinal & US joint injections, PRP injections.
Dr Shahid graduated in 1989. Obtained his MRCP in 1992 & MD in 1999 at The Royal London Hospital.
He was appointed as Consultant Rheumatologist & Physician at Kingston Hospital, Surrey in 2000.
Awarded FRCP in 2005.
After taking over from a single handed consultant and being Rheumatology Lead, he now has eight consultants and three specialist nurses. He started the MSK Ultrasound service and osteoporosis service locally and teaches on the Regional Rheumatology US course.
- Consultant Rheumatologist
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Inflammatory diseases/US for early disease
- Muscle/tendon/ligament injuries
- Year qualified 1989
- Newcastle 1984-1989
- ARC research Fellowship 1994-7 at the Bone & Joint Research Unit, Royal London Hospital
- NHS Clinical Excellence Awards level 6 NHS 30 years of service award in 2019
- EULAR Diploma in MSK Ultrasound
- Lead Clinician for Rheumatology at Kingston Hospital
- Previous Head of R&D, Head of Business Development & Head of job planning at Kingston Hospital.
Regular exercise both resistance and aerobic.Some voluntary coaching of young weight and power lifters.
25yrs of competitive lifting myself. Highlights were Universities Champion, twice British Open Champion, 5th in 1997 World Championships, past holder of Masters British Bench press record.
Dr Shahid enjoys watching many sports live and holidays with his family.