Dr Nikos Diamantis
Dr Nikos Diamantis is a Medical Oncology Consultant at Royal Free Trust specialising in Gastrointestinal cancers including colorectal, oesphageal, gastric, pancreatic, liver and bile duct cancers, and Neuroendocrine tumours. Dr Diamantis is a Principal Investigator for a number of phase 2/3 studies and is regularly publishing his research activity in peer reviewed journals.
Dr Nikos Diamantis is a Medical Oncology Consultant at Royal Free Trust specialising in colorectal, oesphageal, gastric, pancreatic, liver and bile duct cancers, and Neuroendocrine tumours. He is the Clinical Lead for colorectal cancer.
Dr Diamantis underwent specialist training at the Imperial College Healthcare Hammersmith, St Mary's and Harefield Hospitals. He was awarded the Greek national Oncology fellowship scholarship and went on to conduct clinical research for 2 years at the Drug Development Unit of the Royal Marsden.
Research interests include immunotherapy for GI malignancies and first in human clinical trials. Dr Diamantis is a Principal Investigator for a number of Phase 2 and 3 trials.
- Consultant Medical Oncologist Gastrointestinal Cancers, NET. Clinical Lead for Colorectal cancer
The Royal Free NHS Foundation Trust
- Bile duct cancers
- Neuroendocrine tumours
- Year qualified 2004
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
Publisher: New England Journal of Medicine
Prevalence and impact of COVID-19 sequelae on treatment and survival of patients with cancer who recovered from SARS-CoV-2 infection: evidence from the OnCovid retrospective, multicentre registry study
Publisher: Lancet Oncol
Published: Br Journal of Cancer
- Nominated for the Macmillan Professional excellence award for the development 2019 of the Barts Health Acute Oncology service
- ECCO-AACR-EORTC-ESMO Fellowship (Flims) 2016 Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop
- ASCO Merit Award 2016 Co-author, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- HESMO Scholarship, Postgraduate Fellowship 2014
- Awarded by the Hellenic Society of Medical Oncology
- PhD with Honors 2010 National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece