- Ankle fractures
- Foot Fractures
- Lis-franc injuries
- 5th Metatarsal fractures and management of non-union
- Ankle sprains & instability
- Ligament repairs and tendon reconstruction
- Management of cartilage problems in joints
- Sports injuries of ankle and foot
- Bunion deformities & Hallux Valgus corrective surgery
- Ingrown toe nail procedures for recurrence & Morton's Neuroma treatment
- Neuroma treatment
- Rheumatoid Arthritis related deformities of Foot and Ankle
- Achilles tendon problems including repair and reconstruction
- Heel pain - Plantar Fasciitis; Tarsal tunnel Syndrome
- Flat foot correction; Adult club foot corrections
- Ankle Replacement
- Management of Osteoarthritis in Foot and Ankle joints including Joint preserving methods
- All aspects of Foot and Ankle surgery
- Ankle arthroscopy procedures and management of adult sports related injuries
- Disorders and damage of cartilage of the ankle joints
Mr Chandrashekar graduated from the University of Mumbai, India in 2001 and later undertook residency training in General Surgery and Trauma & Orthopaedics at St. Petersburg state paediatric medical academy, Russia between 2001and 2004 – qualifying with a M.S. Degree in Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
Mr Chandrashekar’s further training in trauma and orthopaedics has taken him in rotation across various subspecialty firms in Manchester, Harlow (Essex) and Royal London Hospital (NHS). Following the Royal College of Surgeons exams securing the Fellowship Diploma for FRCS (Orth), he went on to undertake sub-speciality fellowship training in Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic surgery at The University Hospitals of Southampton Foundation Trust. Mr. Chandrashekar has also undertaken fellowships/visitations to Prominent Trauma and Orthopaedic units in Germany to enhance his skills and learn advanced techniques in Foot and Ankle surgery.
Mr Chandrashekar is passionate about teaching and actively trains medical students and orthopaedic trainees within the NHS as well as acting as an examiner/permanent faculty for The Royal College of Surgeons in England FRCS Orth. Revision courses. He has extensive experience in Foot and Ankle surgery with a specialist interest in sports injuries.
Mr Chandrashekar practices aspects of minimally invasive surgery and supports enhanced patient recovery and early rehabilitation. He is committed to research projects for foot surgery and has peer-reviewed publications, successfully presenting at international and national medical conferences. Besides speaking English as his first language, he is fluent in Hindi, Tamil and caters to Russian speaking clients as well.
I love travelling and enjoy fine food and wine. Other interests include tennis and I am a PADI certified leisure scuba diver.
Consultant Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle SurgeonHomerton University Hospitals Foundation NHS Trust
University of Mumbai, India1995 - 2001
Other languages spoken
London W1G 6HL
View map and location details
We can support our patients with travel, hotel accommodation, London tours, plus theatre and restaurant reservations.
- Men's health services
- Orthopaedic, bone and joint
- Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy
- Plastic and Cosmetic surgery
Appointment enquiries: +44 (0) 20 3944 1073 Concierge service: +44 (0) 203 219 3323 Self-Pay service: +44 (0) 203 918 7301International office: +44 (0) 203 219 3266 Invoice and payment enquiries: +44 (0) 207 616 7708 General enquiries: +44 (0) 20 3918 9135
Breast services appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7653 Diagnostics appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7653 Endoscopy appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7760 Eye centre appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7768 Haematology appointments: +44 (0) 207 535 5503 Kidney services appointments: +44 (0) 207 224 5234 Liver services appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7719 Physiotherapy appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7651 Radiology appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7653