- Ankle fractures
- Foot Fractures
- Lis-franc injuries
- 5th Metatarsal fractures and management of non-union
- Ankle sprains & instability
- Ligament repairs and tendon reconstruction
- Management of cartilage problems in joints
- Sports injuries of ankle and foot
- Bunion deformities & Hallux Valgus corrective surgery
- Ingrown toe nail procedures for recurrence & Morton's Neuroma treatment
- Neuroma treatment
- Rheumatoid Arthritis related deformities of Foot and Ankle
- Achilles tendon problems including repair and reconstruction
- Heel pain - Plantar Fasciitis; Tarsal tunnel Syndrome
- Flat foot correction; Adult club foot corrections
- Ankle Replacement
- Management of Osteoarthritis in Foot and Ankle joints including Joint preserving methods
- All aspects of Foot and Ankle surgery
- Ankle arthroscopy procedures and management of adult sports related injuries
- Disorders and damage of cartilage of the ankle joints
Mr Chandrashekar graduated from the University of Mumbai, India in 2001 and later undertook residency training in General Surgery and Trauma & Orthopaedics at St. Petersburg state paediatric medical academy, Russia between 2001and 2004 – qualifying with a M.S. Degree in Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
Mr Chandrashekar’s further training in trauma and orthopaedics has taken him in rotation across various subspecialty firms in Manchester, Harlow (Essex) and Royal London Hospital (NHS). Following the Royal College of Surgeons exams securing the Fellowship Diploma for FRCS (Orth), he went on to undertake sub-speciality fellowship training in Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic surgery at The University Hospitals of Southampton Foundation Trust. Mr. Chandrashekar has also undertaken fellowships/visitations to Prominent Trauma and Orthopaedic units in Germany to enhance his skills and learn advanced techniques in Foot and Ankle surgery.
Mr Chandrashekar is passionate about teaching and actively trains medical students and orthopaedic trainees within the NHS as well as acting as an examiner/permanent faculty for The Royal College of Surgeons in England FRCS Orth. Revision courses. He has extensive experience in Foot and Ankle surgery with a specialist interest in sports injuries.
Mr Chandrashekar practices aspects of minimally invasive surgery and supports enhanced patient recovery and early rehabilitation. He is committed to research projects for foot surgery and has peer-reviewed publications, successfully presenting at international and national medical conferences. Besides speaking English as his first language, he is fluent in Hindi, Tamil and caters to Russian speaking clients as well.
I love traveling and enjoy fine food and wine. Other interests include tennis and I am a PADI certified leisure scuba diver.
Consultant Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle SurgeonHomerton University Hospitals Foundation NHS Trust
University of Mumbai, India1995 - 2001
Other languages spoken
London W1G 6HL
View map and location details
- Men's health services
- Orthopaedic, bone and joint
- Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy
- Plastic and Cosmetic surgery
Main switchboard: +44 (0) 207 935 4444
Treatment enquiries: +44 (0) 207 616 7693Consultant appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7693 Prices for self funding patients: +44 (0) 203 219 3315Physiotherapy appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7651X-ray and scan appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7653Invoice and payment enquiries: +44 (0) 207 616 7708