- Neurosurgery and Spinal Surgery
- Open and key hole surgery /fusion for back and neck pain and spinal instability
- Injections for spinal pain
- Surgery for spinal stenosis, spinal cord tumours, spinal vascular malformations, spinal cord syrinx, congenital spinal disorders, Arnold Chiari malformation
- Cervical disc replacement surgery
- Shunt and Endoscopic surgical management of Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (surgically treatable dementias)
- Back and neck pain with degenerative disc pathology, spinal stenosis, spinal instability
- Spinal cord tumours, congenital malformations, vascular malformations, spinal cord syrinx
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus and shunt associated headaches
I currently practice as a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford where I am the Lead Clinician for the Neurosurgical Spinal service.
Following my neurosurgical training from Mumbai and Delhi, I practised as a Consultant Neurosurgeon in India before moving to the UK.
After completing Fellowship training programmes in Skull Base and Spinal surgery from Kings College Hospital and The Royal Free Hospital, London I pursued further Fellowship programmes in Spinal surgery at The Royal London Hospital and The John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
I practised as a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon at St Mary’s Hospital and Charing Cross Hospital in London following which I took up a busy practice at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
I see patients with a vide variety of spinal disorders including spinal pain due to degenerative pathology, spinal stenosis, spinal cord tumours, spinal vascular malformations, adult congenital malformations, Arnold-Chiari Malformations, spinal cord syrinx and patients requiring complex revision surgeries. I also treat cranial disorders and have a specialist interest in Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus which is a very common and debilitating condition that may masquerade as dementia in the elderly.
I am a member of the Oxford International Neurosurgery Group that provides health care at both a national and international level.
I am married with two children.
My hobbies include painting and playing basketball. I also have a keen interest in biomedical engineering and implant design.
Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal SurgeonJohn Racliffe Hospital, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
BVMC Medical College, India2000
Other languages spoken
London W1G 6HL
View map and location details
Wednesday: Evenings by appointment
Thursday: Evenings by appointment
Friday: Evenings by appointment
Saturday: Available by appointment
Sunday: Available by appointment
Main switchboard: +44 (0) 207 935 4444
Treatment enquiries: +44 (0) 207 616 7693Consultant appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7693 Prices for self funding patients: +44 (0) 203 219 3315Physiotherapy appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7651X-ray and scan appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7653Invoice and payment enquiries: +44 (0) 207 616 7708