- Colorectal Surgery
- General and Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Minimal invasive surgery
- Colorectal and small bowel cancer
- Recurrent pelvic cancer
- Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Functional bowel disorder
Professor Paris Tekkis qualified from Nottingham University Medical School in 1994. His postgraduate training was at St Mark’s Hospital, St Mary’s Hospital in London and at the Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA.
He was first appointed as Clinical Senior Lecturer and Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at St Mary’s Hospital and Imperial College in 2004. He was promoted to Reader in Surgery and appointed at The Royal Marsden in 2008.
He was promoted to Professor of Colorectal Surgery in 2011. He specialises in colorectal and minimally invasive surgery. Professor Tekkis and his team are internationally respected for their work in advanced rectal cancer and restorative surgery for inflammatory bowel disease.
-Hunterian Professor, The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- David Dunn Medal, The Association of Endoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Piermont Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons’ Award, The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- The Society of Pelvic Surgeons
- The Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- The European Society of Coloproctology (UK representative)
- The British Association of Surgical Oncology The Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Over 220 peer-reviewed articles in medical journals
- Over 250 international and national presentations
- Twenty books and chapters
Professor Tekkis enjoys skiing, wind surfing and is a hi-end audiophile.
Professor of Colorectal Surgery and Consultant Colorectal SurgeonThe Royal Marsden Hospital, London
Honorary Consultant Colorectal SurgeonSt Mark's Hospital
Adjunct StaffThe Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland USA
Professor of Colorectal SurgeryImperial College London
University of Nottingham Medical School (Undergraduate)1994
St George's Hospital, London (Post Graduate)2003
Other languages spoken
London W1G 7JL
View map and location details
Mrs Leigh Williams
Treatment enquiries: +44 (0) 207 616 7693Consultant appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7693 Prices for self funding patients: +44 (0) 203 219 3315Physiotherapy appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7651 X-ray and scan appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7653Invoice and payment enquiries: +44 (0) 207 616 7708