- General surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- All types of minor surgery including skin, subcutaneous, ingrowing toenails and microsclerotherapy
- Hernia treatment and surgery - All abdominal wall hernias treated with conventional and laparoscopic techniques
- Varicose veins and thread veins: EVLT and VNUS treatments; injection sclerotherapy
- Carotid artery disease
- Aneurysms: All aortic and peripheral aneurysms using both key hole and conventional open techniques, Aneurysm screening
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Leg pain - internittent claudication, Popliteal Artery Syndrome
- Leg ulceration, Leg swelling- DVT, Venous insufficiency, Lymphoedema
- Pelvic pain -Venous congestion
- Upper limb pain -Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating: Scalp, Axillary, Palmar
- AV malformations/ other vascular tumours Soft tissue swellings and masses, Lumps and bumps to limbs, torso and neck.
Harpaul (Paul) is a Consultant Vascular surgeon with a special interest in endovascular and advanced laparoscopic, or keyhole, surgery. He qualified from The London Hospital Medical College, University of London, in 1995. He achieved a distinction in his Masters in Surgery and went on to train throughout the major Vascular centre’s in London.
He went on an advanced laparoscopic fellowship in Hong Kong sponsored by Ethicon and the Circulation Foundation prior to taking up his appointment as a Consultant Surgeon at St Barts and The Royal London NHS Trust in 2007. He has published widely within Vascular and General surgery literature and has presented his work both nationally and internationally. He remains actively involved in teaching both at undergraduate and postgraduate level He has a wide-ranging busy clinical vascular practice as well as holding roles in senior management.
His interests are in minimally invasive surgery; in particular, endovascular aortic aneurysm surgery and he is currently developing laparoscopic and thoracoscopic techniques in vascular surgery. He was the first surgeon in the UK to perform the Barostim procedure for the regulation of hypertension. He also has specific interests in varicose veins (EVLT, Venefit, and glue) deep venous disease, carotid disease, stroke, diabetic foot disease, peripheral arterial disease, Thoracic outlet syndrome and vascular tumours.
He has appeared on various radio shows, the BBC news and Mail on Sunday. He is the director for AAA screening program in North East London and overall Clinical network director for Vascular surgery in Barts Health NHS Trust.
Consultant SurgeonSt Barts and The Royal London NHS Trust, London.
Director for AAA screening program in North East LondonNorth East London
Clinical Director of Vascular surgeryBarts Health NHS trust
Network Director of Vascular surgeryBarts Health NHS trust
Current teaching posts
• Honorary Senior LecturerQMWUL
The London Hospital Medical College, University of London
Main switchboard: +44 (0) 207 935 4444
Treatment enquiries: +44 (0) 207 616 7693Consultant appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7693 Prices for self funding patients: +44 (0) 203 219 3315Physiotherapy appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7651X-ray and scan appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7653Invoice and payment enquiries: +44 (0) 207 616 7708