- Colorectal Surgery
- Inflammatory bowel disease (complex fistula, laparoscopic ileoanal pouch)
- Intestinal failure (enterocutaneous fistula)
- Pelvic floor reconstruction (dynamic graciloplasty)
- Laparoscopic /complex colorectal cancer surgery
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Colorectal cancer (sphincter saving surgery)
- Pelvic floor (incontinence, neuromodulation)
Graduated from the UMDS Guy's and St Thomas's Hospital, London. Surgical training programmes in Cambridge and London. Awarded an MRC Clinical fellowship researching in pelvic floor dysfunction. Carried out further sub-specialist colorectal training fellowships to Sydney, Paris and St Mark's Hospital.
Specialist expertise in complex colorectal diseases, including colorectal cancer, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative colitis, enterocutaneous fistula, complex anal fistula, anorectal and pelvic floor problems (incontinence, evacuatory difficulty, constipation) and pelvic floor reconstruction.show more
Mr Chan enjoys travelling, golf and motor racing.
Consultant Colorectal SurgeonBarts Health Trust
Senior LecturerQueen Mary University London
UMDS Guy's & St Thomas' Hospitals1991