- Endocrine Surgery
- General medicine
- Thyroid, adrenal, pituitary disorders, hormone deficiencies and specialist endocrine testing
- Calcium, parathyroid, vitamin D, osteoporosis and bone metabolism
- Obesity, bariatrics, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), hirsutism, fertility problems
- Diabetes (type 1 and type 2) and complications, lipid disorders, hypertension, cardiovascular risk reduction
- Genetic endocrine conditions and neuroendocrine tumours
Dr Chahal qualified from St Bartholomew's and the Royal London School of Medicine in 2001. He trained in endocrinology and diabetes at St Bartholomew's Hospital. In 2007, he was awarded the prestigious Medical Research Council training fellowship to undertake research in the field of pituitary tumorigenesis, resulting in several influential research papers in high impact journals. He has been awarded several national and international prizes for his research and clinical work. Additionally, he has written several textbook chapters.
He is the Lead Bariatric Physician and manages patients prior to, and after, bariatric surgery and pharmacotherapy in order to reduce their complication risks and optimise the health benefits of weight loss.
Dr Chahal is an experienced endocrinologist in all aspects of endocrinology and diabetes. He also has an interest in undergraduate medical education, and in 2016, he was appointed Director of Clinical Studies at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (St Mary’s Hospital site).
Consultant in Diabetes, Endocrinology and General Internal MedicineImperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Current teaching posts
Honorary Senior Clinical LecturerImperial College, London
Treatment enquiries: +44 (0) 207 616 7693Consultant appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7693 Prices for self funding patients: +44 (0) 203 219 3315Physiotherapy appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7651X-ray and scan appointments: +44 (0) 207 616 7653Invoice and payment enquiries: +44 (0) 207 616 7708